Sunday, September 20, 2015

Daily Mabel #25

DSC_4129edit

I spend a lot of time editing faces.  Really up close.  There are times when I recognize someone at the library or store and then think to myself, "Oh yeah, I spent a couple of hours staring at her face zoomed in on my computer screen."  That sounds creepy.  In all of those hours of editing, I truly have never come across an ugly face.  I just see lots and lots of beautiful people.  Beautiful women.  I wish there was some way to tell each one of them how gorgeous they are......without an eye roll in response.

For some reason, there is no way in the world that I can put myself in the same category.  We are all our own worst critics and maybe that's why, but I hide behind the camera for a reason.  This past weekend showed me that I need to quit it.  That's tough because when I see a picture of myself, all I see is chubbiness.  That's it.  So I leave me out because it's easier than the alternative.  But my kids don't care about my pant size, they care about me.  Life can be here one second and gone the next.  I want to make sure those I love have record of me loving them.  It still probably won't happen a lot, but I plan on getting in front of the camera a little more often. 

1 comments:

Jaime said...

Yes! About a year ago I was talking with a coworker and I said, "All women are beautiful!!" So I recognize your sentiment exactly. But it is hard to feel that way about oneself - and yes, I mostly steer away from pics of myself too. So glad to see YOU here. And PS, you are lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails