Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Daily Mabel #9

peekaboo

Mabel turned 21 months today!!  She has made a lot of progress since we returned from China, especially in the past couple of days.   I think it will continue to get better as she becomes more comfortable and attached to us.

Just a few new things:
  • waving "hi"(with both hands).  Strangely she didn't know how to do this.  Maybe the Chinese don't wave???
  • signing "thank you" 
  • babbling a bit (babababa and maaaaamaaaaamaaa)
  • she pointed to me today when I asked her where "mama" was
  • after Jakson got home from school and I had pulled him into my lap while we were discussing his day, all of a sudden Mabel came crawling towards us at full speed and screamed a war cry.  She's getting a little territorial!  A great sign!
  • AND best of all, she took TWO one hour naps today!!  Hallelujah!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

She seems to be doing better than I could have ever imagined! I don't know which I liked reading more: that she pointed to you when you asked about Mama or that she took 2 naps!!

Megan said...

I can't wait to meet Miss Mabel soon!!! She is so adorable. I am glad that the transition is going well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails