Mabel turned 21 months today!! She has made a lot of progress since we returned from China, especially in the past couple of days. I think it will continue to get better as she becomes more comfortable and attached to us.
Just a few new things:
- waving "hi"(with both hands). Strangely she didn't know how to do this. Maybe the Chinese don't wave???
- signing "thank you"
- babbling a bit (babababa and maaaaamaaaaamaaa)
- she pointed to me today when I asked her where "mama" was
- after Jakson got home from school and I had pulled him into my lap while we were discussing his day, all of a sudden Mabel came crawling towards us at full speed and screamed a war cry. She's getting a little territorial! A great sign!
- AND best of all, she took TWO one hour naps today!! Hallelujah!