Sunday, July 13, 2014

April & May Moments

APRIL 11-One of the more exciting moments of April happened when Zak's car died under an overpass on the way home from a meeting in Sugarland.  Oh, how we love that car.  The kids refer to it as "The Wreck." A well deserved name.


APRIL 14-Jakson wanted to eat at "the place where people do tricks" for his birthday dinner. It took us two weeks to figure out he meant a hibachi grill.

APRIL 18-The Easter bunny brought a birthday-present-that-arrived-late for him and a Mary Poppins-esque umbrella for her.   Oh, and the movie Frozen.  Storey wrote a letter to the Easter bunny asking for it because she "knew mom and dad weren't going to buy it."

The kids are also already writing Christmas lists.  Jakson told me that he's going to ask for an iPad.  I told him that Santa doesn't usually bring such expensive gifts.  He said, "That's okay.  I'll just ask for $1000 instead."  Big expectations.  

APRIL 19-While we were cleaning out the garage, I found a box of old cards.  And inside one of them was a five dollar bill in a birthday card from my grandma.  It's been in there for, oh....FOURTEEN YEARS.  Well, thanks Grandma!

MAY 6-Storey's school hosted Moms and Muffins.  This year they did not have iced tea that I inadvertently drank thinking it was Kool-aid.  So that was a positive.  I think Storey ate 5 muffins.   We are so glad that we made the decision to keep her at Cornerstone this year instead of moving on to Kindergarten.  It was a much better fit for her.  She will be going into first grade in the fall at our the local elementary school and I am hoping it's a better public school experience than the one we had with Jakson.  My main concern with Storey is boredom.  And nonstop talking/questions as a result. 

MAY 18- I can't begin to tell you how happy this picture makes me.  I did something right as a parent!!

MAY 22-Jakson was able to start Cub Scouts after he turned eight. I think he is going to be the most dedicated Scout of all time. Less than a month into scouting and he earned his Bobcat. He was so proud.
 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails