Monday, February 10, 2014

29...Again

A couple of weeks ago, we celebrated my birthday.  Since I'm not a 13 year old girl, we didn't do anything over the top, but it's still nice to have it acknowledged and the family did a good job of that. 

Zak was talking with a his friend, Nick, at church and he mentioned that he always makes his wife a cake from scratch.  Zak asked for the recipe and Nick went above and beyond by not only sending the recipe, but acting as a motivational mentor.  Texts and emails with the theme "you can do it!" came throughout the day.   While the cake didn't turn out to be an artistic masterpiece (we all struggle with frosting around here), it was delicious.  And extremely thoughtful. 


Zak also got me an Expodisc, which boasts that it will cut my editing time down to nothing (here's hoping!) and wrote me a letter----always my favorite gift.

We had family (and the Kolbaba's, but they are practically family) over to sample Zak's cake creation.   My mom brought me flowers (the kind that live for 3-4 weeks, I'm still enjoying them!) and Mandy gave me Blackmoore, by the same author as Edenbrooke.  I'm excited to read it. 

Later that week, Zak and I went to see "Saving Mr. Banks".  It's rare that we go to the movies, so it was a treat.  Plus, there are scenes inside my beloved Disneyland-an extra perk! 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails