Friday, November 15, 2013

Thankful Thirty: Days Eleven to Fifteen

My sewing machine
I love to sew.  Especially when it's for me and not a client, which doesn't happen as often as I would like.  It is a creative outlet and usually involves just me and the whirr of the sewing machine, making it kind of a quiet and peaceful hobby.  And I'm all about taking in the quiet and peaceful at this point in my life.  After running three sewing machines into the ground in three years, I'm glad to finally have a machine that is completely reliable.  Four years and still going strong!

Yoga pants
The most comfortable pants on the face of the planet.  They are pretty dang ugly (at least mine are) and probably shouldn't be worn in public, but as soon as I walk in the door, I shed whatever I've been wearing and don the yoga pants.  What makes my particular pair even better is that they are maternity.  Lots of extra room!

GoodReads
I like lists, keeping track of things, and books, so it's basically the Trifecta of websites.  If book clubs were more like GoodReads, I'd probably actually like them.

A budget
We had three big financial goals this year: save a three-six month emergency fund, save for a new car to replace Zak's beater, and save for a house down payment.  Thanks to a strict budget and photo shoots, we are on track to finish all three by mid-December.   Exciting times!

Jakson's school
For homework a couple of nights ago, Jakson had to write three sentences describing a given picture. It was of 5 sheep. He told Zak that his sentence was going to be, "They are looking at each other." Only he couldn't figure out how to spell "echudder". Jak is CONVINCED that it is one word and is pronounced "echudder." We spelled it out for him, broke down each word, tried to reason, but all we got in exchange was a huge meltdown on the floor.

Finally Zak told him just to write, "They are looking around" and avoid the whole "echudder" debacle completely.  Then he turned to me and said, "We'll just let his therapists deal with this."


And that, my friends, is why we love Jakson's school.





0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails