Thursday, September 19, 2013

I live with Tim Gunn.

Last Saturday I made ten (TEN!!!) shirts for our Disney trip.  I'm leveraging for a spot as the First Family or whatever it's called at Magic Kingdom that gets to open the park, so I felt the need to make us all matching shirts.  Cheesy?  Yes.  But what do you expect from a former EFY counselor and her former EFY counselor husband??  That we would stoop to vast amounts of cheese at the happiest place on Earth should not come as a surprise to anyone.  

Since Storey insists on wearing only dresses and skirts (Zak's child, not mine), every year I also transform ugly character shirts into little play dresses for her.  They are still pretty hideous, but a little less so mixed with some non-Disney fabric.  

As I was picking out fabric to go with the sparkly Cinderella shirt recently picked up at the thrift shop, I asked Zak for his opinion about my decision.   His response proved to me that we watch way too much Project Runway.  

 Zak:  "Don't you think the judges are going to think that fabric choice is too safe? I would take a risk and use a bolder print."
 
As a result of my critique, this is what will be walking down the runway.....er, Main Street USA.

  cinderelladress

1 comments:

*katie said...

Love it. So very awesome. And good luck! I hope they choose you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails