Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Why I will never buy a Health Rider.

I once worked with a client that would exercise on a Health Rider in the nude.  I use the term "exercise" very loosely here.  Mostly the Health Rider served as a glorified chair.  Either way, it was disturbing.  Some afternoons I would open her apartment door to find her in the living room, relaxing on the Health Rider, completely nekkid, shouting at Wheel of Fortune.  Other days, she would be getting in her 30 minutes of cardio (buck) while singing "Genie in a Bottle" at the top of her lungs.   Images forever seared in my memory.   During the day, she dragged that Health Rider around to various rooms.  Sometimes I'd find her on it in her bedroom.  Once in the kitchen (that night I could not bring myself to sit at the table and eat my dinner).   You just never knew when you were going to turn the corner and get an eyeful.   I'd always encourage her to add clothes to the equation, but my suggestions were mostly ignored. 

Every once in awhile, I come across a Health Rider in a Goodwill.  I make a wide berth around it.  Who knows what people have been doing on that thing.


2 comments:

North Family Arizona said...

Funny, I probably sold her that Health Rider! I sold them in a Mall in 1993 ish...

FamilyKolbaba said...

Shudder.

Related Posts with Thumbnails