Friday, March 22, 2013

Best Trip Ever-Part Two

Unbeknownst to us, Disney had started taking pictures of each ticket holder at the gate.  Not a big deal, except for the fact that the system is faulty and as a result the lines to get into the parks at the beginning of the day were horrible.  Despite being forty five minutes early for the rope drop, we only made it in the gates about five minutes prior.  Annoying.  Especially since they had to take everyone's picture more than once because "the picture didn't save."  I think Storey had her picture taken 4 different times.

Here we are (waiting in line....still) in our matching Disney attraction shirts (made with iron ons of the vintage and not so vintage attraction posters that Disney has around the park).  Poor Megan, I accidentally ironed hers on upside down.  She said she liked it better that way.  I have weird/nice sister in laws.

IMG_0310edit

Besides that, we really didn't have to wait in many lines.  Partly because we are diligent about getting Fast Passes, partly because it's a slow time of year,  and partly because we use the Guest Assistance pass when Fast Pass isn't available.  Zak says it's the number one perk of autism.  I say that no one else has to do the kind of behind the scenes prep work to make Disney run smoothly (like watching the rides a billion times and rehearsing each moment with Jak), so I have EARNED that pass.

The kids like to help me decide the "first ride at Disneyland!"  Because of its location and the non existent line at the beginning of the day, Ariel always wins by default, but the one that we are most excited about (and that I chose to be the real official first ride) is Toy Story Mania.  I think everyone in our party is a little obsessed.  In fact, we got to have a long conversation with a crew member while she was helping us the last day and we asked for Toy Story Mania insider secrets.  It was awesome.

Somehow Kiefer always beats us all, but we have fun trying to get a high score. 
IMG_0315edit 
 You can hardly see her, but Storey is on the right.

After Toy Story Mania, we spent the rest of the day hitting up as many rides as possible and stopping to meet characters.  Well, Storey stopped to meet the characters and the rest of us watched/took pictures.  Jakson was only interested in meeting the Toy Story characters this year.  Whatever.
characters2013



IMG_0335edit
Best Disney highlight ever.  We are still laughing about it.  Someday we'll be laughing WITH her, but as she doesn't find it humorous right now, we are just laughing AT her. 

We are lame because one of the most exciting parts of our trip this year was getting snacks and food in the parks---something we've never budgeted for before.   It was fun planning out what we were going to spend our trash money on!  The first day, we all tried various snacks at the Cozy Cone Motel in Carsland.   Churros, yum.  We had dinner with a Restaurant.com certificate in Downtown Disney, but I don't think it saved us any money at all doing it that way.  I kind of wish we would have just stayed in the park and picked up dinner.  I had enough suggestions from friends/websites that we could have eaten more food for less in California Adventure.  Oh well.  

After dinner, we went back into the parks to watch World of Color which we missed last year because it was raining the night we had tickets.  I'm glad we went-they had changed it since we saw back in 2010 and it was amazing.  The Bellagio has nothing on Disney.   The kids were tired and fell asleep on the way back to the hotel.  Thank goodness for a rented stroller. 

4 comments:

Emily S. said...

I'm 100% with you on the Guest Assistance pass! My 4 y/o son also has Autism. It made a great WDW trip into an AMAZING one. So glad you had a good trip. Love the blog!

cassidy said...

Ok, I found your blog somehow and never comment, but now I am! I'm wondering which type of stroller you rented. Strollers are such an important choice with Disneyland so I'd be interested in hearing about what you went with...double, single, jogger, umbrella?

bethany said...

Cassidy-I have no idea how to contact you, but we went with the City Stroller double. It was a fantastic stroller, easy to push, lots of storage room, and great for both kids. Contact Jewel at City Stroller Rental and she'll be able to help you out-awesome customer service and great prices!!

Amy Welker said...

What kind of camera are you using to take your pictures? I am a photographer and I am having a hard time. I want great pics but I don't want to take my big canon with me so I purchased a tiny point and shoot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails