Sunday, December 09, 2012

A true Christmas miracle

DSC_2075edit

Back in August, Jakson received a scholarship for his school/therapy but unfortunately it only lasted for the one semester.  For the past couple of months we have constantly been worried about what comes next.

We continued to pray for a job with insurance that would cover Jak's therapy.  Zak had been called for several interviews, some even out of state.  Each time we thought, "this is our answer" but nothing seemed to be working out.   And the deadline loomed.  

I noticed as we would pray at night that Zak's requests began to morph.  He started out asking that the Lord would provide us with a new job, but later his prayers turned into pleas just to keep Jakson at the school.  That we would be provided with a miracle. 

We discussed several times that we'd  been having similar thoughts of comfort: the Lord loves Jakson even more than we do and wants what is best for him.  That has been keeping me from completely giving up.  Especially after being told a couple of weeks ago that the funding for another scholarship would probably not be available.   

The board to make the final decisions about scholarships met this past week.  We prayed, we fasted, we asked friends and family to pray, and we tried to have faith that things would turn out.  And when I say "we",  I mean mainly Zak.  Oh, me of little faith.  I have mainly been losing sleep, getting headaches, and stressing about our other kind of horrible options (i.e. taking out a $32,000 personal loan to finish up the school year).

Thursday morning, while at a dentist appointment with Storey, I received a phone call from the scholarship foundation letting me know that they were not able to grant us the roughly $18,000 for the next three months that we requested.  She explained that funds only allowed for us to receive a $14,000 scholarship.  Only??!?  

I was happy, but not as overwhelmed as I was when she went on to tell me that they had contacted Jakson's school owner who decided that not only would they accept the $14,000 as the three month tuition, but they would also be decreasing the tuition by enough that the scholarship will last (with us paying a minimal amount out of pocket) until DECEMBER 2013!!

God is so good.

I cannot even begin to tell you the weight that has been lifted.  We can now plan and move forward with our lives in Houston (a life we are loving).  I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that Jakson will not only be taken care of for the remainder of this year, but also his next school year.   I am so very grateful to a Lord that is faithful.  That listens to and answers our prayers, even in an unexpected and more wonderful way than what we had imagined.

I know that the Lord is in the details of our lives.  He cares about the things that we care about and as we have faith, He will bless us.  Immensely.

In an email Zak sent to his family, he said, "It always seems like the Lord will give you what you need, not what you think you need.  Prayers are answered and our Heavenly Father cares about His children more than we care about our children or family.  He is there if we come to Him in faith and put forth whatever offering we can.  He will make up the rest. "

12 comments:

Veronica said...

This made me tear up :)

FamilyKolbaba said...

hooRAY! Fabulous, wonderful news.

Leanna said...

woooo!

Holly North said...

So relieved! That's so cool!

Melanie said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I wanted to ask you about it today so I'm glad you posted! Thanks for being such an awesome example in so many ways.

*katie said...

Bethany that's wonderful!! So happy for you and your family!

Mel said...

I teared up, too! Such a great addition to the story.

Catherine said...

Amazing! What a blessing. What awesome faith you guys have. Your husbands email touched my heart. He is right!

rawhide said...

So glad to read this. Merry Christmas to you guys!!!

Kerry said...

Awesome news!! What a blessing!

cj said...

What wonderful news! I'm really happy for you guys. Thanks for sharing! I love those testimony building answers to prayers :)

KatieB said...

so happy for you beth!! such a relief!

Related Posts with Thumbnails