Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful Thirty: 5 to 8

Autism

I've said so much about my feelings on the subject in the past that I don't feel like I need to go into a long winded diatribe here but to say that autism has shaped me as a parent, us as a family, and Zak and I as a couple.  I don't know what we would be without it, but I suspect we'd have a very different life.  Some of it would certainly be easier, but I have a feeling we wouldn't be as strong or as close.  It's amazing what benefits we get from blessings we call trials.

Disneyland

It may seem silly, but I really have a soft spot in my heart for Disneyland.  Even thinking about our experience with the princesses this past year gets me a little choked up.  My Storey was in heaven.   They are just so incredible and have treated my children so well.  I am grateful that we have the opportunity each year to make memories at Disneyland with our children (and some of their aunts/uncles!).

Storey's Preschool

Storey's preschool has made her into a fantastic evangelical Mormon.  She said this week when she meets Cinderella this year, she is going to ask whether the princess drinks tea.   If Cinderella says "yes," Storey informed me she is going to launch into a lesson about the Word of Wisdom.   Then Storey commented, "Then I'm going to ask her if she's found God."  This should be a really interesting conversation.  The best/worst/most entertaining part is that Cinderella can't break character. 

Can't wait.

A backyard swingset

When we moved into the house, my parents brought over the swing set that I had as a kid.  What an awesome gift.  Despite it's age,  it's still going strong.   I am so happy to be able to have somewhere to banish the kids.  They love it.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I cannot wait to hear the results of Storey's conversation with Cinderella!!

Jennifer Mckingley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails