Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sticky

DSC_0402edit 

We've been reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the kids.   After Jak finished the book, we let them watch the movie(s) as a reward.  Obsessed is an understatement.    I often find the two of them playing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory while repeating direct quotes from the Johnny Depp version (a breakthrough for Jak who normally hates pretend play).    Jakson has the entire Oompa Loompa song (and dance) for every character memorized.  It's quite entertaining.

But this week I came to the conclusion that we've definitely been spending way too much time with all things Willy Wonka.  I gave Storey her gummy bear vitamins as we walked out the door to go to the library.  Half way to the library she told me I needed to pull over to wash off her sticky hair.  When I asked her how it got sticky she let me know that it was because she had been chewing her gummy vitamin but that it was now residing behind her ear.  "Like Violet Beauregarde."

Oh yay. 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails