Sunday, April 08, 2012

Youth Conference 2012-S.M.I.L.E.

Zak and I were asked last October to be in charge of this year's youth conference for our Stake (a three day activity for over 200 kids ages 14-18) and have spent several months putting it together. The past two weeks have been crazy--final touches on the schedules and groups, meeting with our youth committee, and dealing with last minute crises that always seem to come along with an activity as large as youth conference.

So if you are wondering why I haven't been around much, that's the reason.

We spent the last three days finally seeing all of the plans and work by so many people come to life. Two dances, a service project, water games, a testimony meeting, some classes, good food, and lots of fun. Thankfully, my parents and some friends stepped in to watch the kids while we were gone (my dad even mowed our lawn!). It was a great experience, though I'm hoping they won't ask us to be in charge of it again next year (it was a lot of work!).

Now to get back to my incredibly long and neglected to-do list of real life.

A short video of some of the activities from this weekend if you're interested.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Well congrats on finishing everything. I know you and Zack have been hard working on this for a while and looking at the slideshow, everything looked like it went really well!!

Khristine said...

It looks like a really fun event for the youth. You both did an awesome job. I'm sure it was loved by all! You both rock! Heroes for the weekend for sure!

Christina said...

Congrats on a successful event! I find stuff like that helps me remember that I can be good at lots more than just being a momma.

Related Posts with Thumbnails