Sunday, April 29, 2012

Storey's Talks

Storey has been assigned to give a talk a couple of times since entering Primary in January.  Primary is the children's class for kids that are 3-12 at church.  Each week during the large group portion there is a child asked to pray, one to read a scripture, and one to prepare and give a short talk.  Storey LOVES giving talks (I know-what a surprise!!).  Thankfully, the Primary presidency realizes that they have a child who is dying to be the center of attention in their midst and allow her to give talks pretty regularly.

Because Storey wants to be independent, but I'm pretty afraid what she would say if I just let her get up there and talk (or how long it would last since these are supposed to be kept to 2-3 minutes), I write up her talks the week before with a lot of pictures and few words.  That way she can basically do it by herself.

This was her first talk, just to give you an idea.  

She gave her second talk today and did a fantastic job with minimal help. I'm glad she feels confident about getting up in front of people and hope that confidence doesn't dwindle as she gets older.
Her first talk:

Her second talk (from today):

6 comments:

Leanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanna said...

precious!

Anne said...

Wonderful job. I like a good Primary talk. Way to go Storey!

Megan said...

Haha. I love it!!! She is adorable.

Melissa said...

I LOVE the lisp! Way to go Storey!! You did such a great job!!

Melissa Brown said...

What a cutie! Love the picture idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails