Friday, April 20, 2012

Forecast: A Frigid 80 Degrees

Jakson and Zak finished reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last week so one of his presents was a Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory DVD (Gene Wilder version, of course). The kids have watched it over and over since Saturday, so much so that Storey will randomly bring up Charlie Bucket in normal conversation. This morning she asked me why Charlie was able to walk around his town by himself and she isn't.

DSC_0703edit

Storey has also decided that she wants to "dress like Charlie". She collected every bit of winter gear that she could find and demanded to wear it everywhere, everyday this week despite the high temperatures. I had to tie her scarf about 15 times because I wasn't getting it to look the same as Charlie's. Apparently he has one really long end and one very short? I finally convinced her that I knew what I was doing, although there may have been some small fibs involved--like that I'd help Charlie tie his scarf before and knew exactly what it looked like. Thankfully, she's quite gullible.

DSC_0683edit
Charlie Bucket's clothes-Storeyfied. She looks a little like a bag lady.

DSC_0691edit

DSC_0709edit

This girl has plenty of personality. And an interesting sense of fashion. Maybe one day she'll design a line entitled "Charlie Bucket Chic" ?

1 comments:

Shenna said...

Oh my goodness. She is too funny!! But oh so cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails