Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Heart Day

The kids made their Valentine's again this year. Storey's bouncy ball card from here and Jakson's "dino-rrific" card was designed by him (with a little help).
valentines

These photos don't do it justice, but this was my Valentine's gift to Zak. lawn
That's right, I mowed the lawn*. Me. By myself. First time ever. I had to watch a couple of YouTube videos in order to figure out how to start the dang lawn mower, but overall it wasn't too terrible. If you don't count that I came across two snakes in the process and the lawn mower isn't self propelled.

Best. Workout. Ever.

*This single act of service has ensured the happiness of my marriages for all of eternity. And no, I won't be doing it again anytime soon.

One of the snakes.
DSC_0757edit
Yes, it was on the small side, but coming across a random snake in your yard (no matter the size) can definitely throw a person off. Thankfully, I discovered after a Google search that it's not poisonous. If it had been, I think we might have been forced to move. This little guy got scooped up and thrown in a field down the street with firm instructions not to slither his way back.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Cute valentines!! I can't believe you are still mowing your yard. And um super gross snake!!!

Anne said...

The problem with mowing the yard once, is that now you will be doing it many, many times. I know from experience!

Related Posts with Thumbnails