Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Project 32-Trip to the dollar store

I'm not writing a separate post for each of the 32 acts of kindness this week (though I will post the entire list on Sunday or Monday), but the dollar store trip deserves a little write-up because it's definitely one of the best activities of the week. It's fun because it really involves Jak and Storey and they get excited to serve other kids (well, once Jakson gets over his initial "I'm freaking out because I don't understand what's going on").

DSC_0351edit

The kids would not look at me once we stepped into the toy aisle. They were busy checking out the loot and looking for good hiding places for the dollars. Next year I'll remember to take the photo outside of the store, not surrounded by toys. BTW-Each kid left three dollars either hiding in or taped to a toy for other children to find.

DSC_0359edit

I hope that this week of service is making somewhat of an impact on them.

1 comments:

Cerise said...

I think this was one of my favorites last year too. Such an awesome idea. I just love that the kids are involved in the giving.

Related Posts with Thumbnails