Friday, November 04, 2011

Thankful 30-4

A husband who puts up with my harebrained schemes.

Zak says I just randomly decide to do things. Like start a Bountiful Baskets site, or an Etsy shop, or bust a hole in the wall under the stairs to create a play space, or contrive an entire two week three state, vacation during sacrament meeting complete with hand drawn calendar---I wouldn't say I'm spontaneous because an enormous amount of research and thought goes into the plans before they come to fruition, but the ideas do tend to come out of the blue. And Zak just rolls with the punches, supports me, pitches in, and we make it happen. I love him for that.

Yesterday, I was hit with another insane/possibly awesome idea. I came up with a way to make a Disney trip for our family happen this year. Our funds will be sucked dry by the unexpected purchase of a new car (stupid Subaru. I'm tempted to go kick its tires again. If it wasn't late and I wasn't lazy, I would.), which makes me very sad. When I told Zak, he told me to go for it. So, we're going to try and round up a bunch of photo sessions in Las Vegas on the way to Disneyland to pay for our vacation. I know, pretty nutty. If you happen to live in the area and want a family shoot the last weekend in February, let me know. bethvphotography@gmail.com

Zak is a good and patient man to put up with me.

1 comments:

Camille said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah - he's patient and supportive blah, blah, blah. But, I bet a big part of it is that you are successful with your schemes. You wanted to do an Etsy shop and you did it and it worked. You wanted to be a photographer and you did it and you are successful. You want to go to Disneyland and guaranteed you'll make that money on the way exactly how you wanted to.
You're awesome. I'd support that, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails