Friday, August 12, 2011

In one piece

We made it. There was puking, terrible customer service, and a new $4000 transmission involved, but we have arrived in Houston, unpacked most of the boxes, and started a new job. (Have I mentioned that Zak's new job is actually his old job from Phoenix? The same company that laid him off, hired him here. Lesson: Never burn bridges.) We are very happy to be Texans (or back in The Motherland as Zak likes to call it).

A little girl also turned one year older.
<span class=

<span class=
Next year she'll be fifteen. Or so she acts. We had a fun family party to celebrate the momentous occasion and were instructed to refer to her as the "birthday girl" all day. What a diva.

I am still catching up on laundry and emails and slowly getting the kids' rooms put together. Since Storey is now pseudo potty trained, I have to make good on my big girl bed promise/bribe. Thank goodness for parents who have an entire garage filled with scrap wood, a handy husband, and pink spray paint.

9 comments:

Jess said...

so happy you made it. we will have to get together and play sometime.

Jaime said...

I've been anxiously waiting for an update!! Glad you made it and that your spirits are still high. Congrats on getting back to where you want to be.

Shenna said...

Glad you made it! I was wondering how things were going since you've been absent. :) And happy belated birthday to Storey! What a little cutie pie!

J, C, and E said...

Good to hear you got to Texas ok!

Jon said...

Last night she told me she was turning 18 next year. I told her that would make you very pleased...

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Storey's birthday pictures are so good! Glad you are getting settled. :)

Cerise said...

Welcome to Texas, so glad you made it! Happy Birthday to Storey, too! I LOVE her adorable shirt!

Mrs. D said...

YEA!!!!! so glad you guys made it. I love Texas... the people are always so nice. Good luck getting everything together. so happy for you guys!

Leah said...

Welcome to Houston!!! I've read your blog for a while and just noticed you moved! We live in Katy (from Arkansas) and love it here! Hope you enjoy it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails