Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Carnival Photo Shoot

Last weekend I drove past a temporary carnival in a local abandoned grocery store parking lot and decided I needed to do a photo shoot there. So I called my sister in law and asked if she and my brother would model for me, warning her that the carnival looked a little ghetto and the whole experience would be one big experiment. She's into adventure and agreed to meet me later in the evening.

Awesomely, she came in adorable hot pink heels. Love the juxtaposition of the rides and those high heels. She and my brother handled the 100+ degree weather without complaint and we had a great time (not to mention the whole place to ourselves!!). It was funny because at one point a carnival worker started following us around giving us pointers about shooting (take a photo over by the motorcycle ride. how about with the sun behind the ferris wheel?). Was wonderful that they were so friendly and didn't mind us wandering around taking pictures before the carnival officially opened.

carnival4

carnival2

carnival1

See more here.

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow, they turned out awesome. What a perfect place and how great you got them before it even opened. Love them. Those pink heels are awesome.

cj said...

I love all the colors in the background! So vibrant and fun! Great work :)

Lindsay said...

Those are amazing. What a fun background for your pictures.

Catey said...

Best location ever! What a fun shoot that must have been, and awesome awesome pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails