Storey wearing her brother's helmet backwards. She finds herself very amusing.
This past week I:
- packed stuff. A lot of stuff.
- sold Zak's commuter car (for more than we bought it for a year ago!)
- spent hours looking at houses online
- dealt with a number of moving-induced meltdowns and night terrors
- purchased flights for three of us (while Zak drives the truck) because I would rather eat attic insulation than have to ride with the kids all the way to Houston by myself. Flying solo doesn't sound all that appealing either, but in this case I believe it to be the lesser of the two evils. Could I be wrong? Most definitely, yes. Ask me again in a week.
- bought a bright pink suitcase covered in Dora and Boots for our flight to Houston ($2 at D.I.)
- taught Storey the word "hideous" (see aforementioned Dora suitcase)
- reserved a moving truck
- talked with a couple of district offices and educational advocates about Jak/school. Got nowhere.
- panicked about finding a house in time for school to start.
- panicked some more that the timing of the move/lease/school/job will not work out.
- set up last minute doctor/therapy appointments
- took a much needed break to see Harry Potter and say goodbye to Cafe Rio
- finished the second week of my Bountiful Basket volunteer site coordinator training
- picked up a 16 lb box of peaches that we ordered before getting this job. Looks like we'll be canning this week. In our free time, of course.
- panicked when our computer just.stopped.working.
- made a very expensive semi-impulse buy: a new computer. We've been researching, saving, and talking about it for over a year, just never actually done it. Hey, I had to find a house online!! Hard to do without a computer.
- suffered from buyer's remorse for about two days (without fail, this happens every time we make a big purchase).
- sent my mom into the blistering heat with a realtor to look at a dozen houses, none of which had the air conditioning on.
- witnessed the absolute worst meltdown Jakson has ever had. I can't wait until we settle down again and he's not feeling so anxious.
- found these awesome calming drops on Abe's Market. I wish they were going to arrive before the flight next Tuesday.
- rehearsed what will happen on the plane for Family Home Evening. Most repeated instructions? Don't kick the seat in front of you and no screaming on the plane.
- found a house!! Sight unseen, but I trust my mother's opinion. So glad to have that done.
I'll take that Mother of the Year Award now.