Monday, June 13, 2011

Mushrooms are marvelous, but....

Every once in awhile, I find something truly hideous at a garage sale that I just know can be awesome. Especially if the price is right.
DSC_0004edit
Fifty cents?!? Sold.

I was going to save it for Storey's birthday, but our house is too small to really hide anything. Instead I worked on the cradle transformation while the kids were at preschool this morning.
beforeafter
I love how it turned out. A great fifty cent investment. I made a little "mattress" out of batting and some heavyweight twill I had around, a doll quilt out of scraps, spray painted the cradle, and added an iron on "S" (like the wall letters in the shop). No more mushrooms. Or marker signatures.
DSC_0009edit
The best part was Storey's reaction. She immediately laid her babies in it and commanded everyone to "Be quiet! Baby Norah and Baby Storey are sleeping." The naming creativity in our house is astounding.

10 comments:

Leanna said...

good job! I want to get into this whole spray painting thing

Emily said...

Oh my WORD! Are you kidding me? You are amazing woman! Why aren't you my neighbor so that I can learn from you?!? What a perfectly sweet baby doll bed. Great job!

Cerise said...

SO cute! And what a deal too. I would have had to snatch it up too and I don't have any girls...I'm sure I know someone with one though. :o)

J, C, and E said...

WOW! By the way, saw the pics of Amy's baby on the books. Sooooo cute!

Camille said...

You are amazing.

Megan said...

Amazing. Seriously it looks awesome. You are so talented and I wish I could of been there to see Storey. She is so hilarious.

*katie said...

Cute!! Look about a bazillion times better :)

Christina said...

Awesome deal, awesome transformation!

Sabrina said...

I love it. We also have the naming creativity here. We have a pink baby, blue baby, purple baby, bath time baby and baby emerson. seriously.

Nan said...

The cradle turned out fabulous! You are an amazing DIY project person.

Related Posts with Thumbnails