- Jakson's been perfecting his George McFly laugh. Now Biff....
- There were a couple of days last week when Utah represented every season in one day, including a morning of unexpected snow. So. annoying. How are you supposed to dress for that? Shaky fist to you, Utah.
- I've been spending hours on the internet and phone trying to figure out all of the ins and outs to an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) for Jakson's kindergarten year. Thank goodness I have an amazing advocate to accompany me, but I'm still feeling quite lost. Sorting through all of the laws and my rights is basically my full time job right now. I'm also having a lot of internal debates. P.E. or no P.E.? Lunch with the other kids or a pull out? Jak is so unpredictable in large social situations that he'll either do great or meltdown. I wish I had a crystal ball. Maybe I'll pick up a Magic 8 Ball on my next shopping trip and make all decisions based on its answers. Signs point to yes.
- A couple of nights ago, Zak turned on the radio after dinner and Jakson asked him if we could listen to Dave Ramsey. Raising my child right. Check.
- Storey's current favorite phrase is "Don't talk to me like that, Mommy." To which I reply, "Oh no you didn't." Yikes. What will her junior high years be like?
- We had so much fun canning jam that we've decided to can again this week. We think tomatoes might be next. Any suggestions? Canning is so romantic.
Monday, May 02, 2011
Posted by bethany at 11:22 AM