Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Lay Off Day!

April 27th, 2009. The day of infamy that turned our lives upside down. Who knew that the next two years would bring so many challenges and change? I will never take Zak's employment for granted again. I thank my Father in Heaven every day for a steady job. But, truth be told, I've also been asking that he blesses us with a steady job somewhere else. Ha.

Today we commemorate that day with a self-reliance activity--canning strawberry jam. Not something we've ever done before (freezer jam is so much easier!), but if Zak ever gets laid off again, at least we can survive on PB&J.

P.S.-I packed my first box today. I've decided that if I start loading boxes maybe a job will come. Hey, it worked in Field of Dreams.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Wow! Two years already? That went fast (for me, anyway).

My trick for getting a job-offer-where-you-have-to-move-across-the-country-like-yesterday? Completely give up on the idea that it's going to happen anytime soon, stop organizing your house, take a class you won't be able to finish if you move, renew a phone contract you won't be able to use if you move, and then tell everyone you know that you will most definitely NOT be moving for a long, long time.

Works like a charm. Promise.

Vanessa said...

I can't believe it has only been two years. From my view it seems like much longer than that. You have been through a lot of tough things in those two years, but I am so impressed with how you stay strong and keep writing fun blog posts :) Hope that dream job comes along soon...

KatieB said...

hope it works!

Related Posts with Thumbnails