Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How Carter Beat Cancer

My friend Jen and I met ten years ago when we both traveled to New Zealand with a group of teachers from BYU to do our student teaching. She is one of the funniest, most positive women I've ever known.Halloween in New Zealand-Me, Danielle, Jen, and Brooke

And her amazing attitude continues through her most recent, and probably most difficult trial. Jen found out a couple of weeks ago that her son, Carter (5 1/2) has leukemia.
Since the discovery, Carter has undergone two surgeries and started chemotherapy. As a mom, I can only imagine how she must be feeling. The stress of having two small children at home, a sick son in the hospital, and medical bills piling up.

The girls from New Zealand and I have been trying to come up with something to help. In the end, we decided that monetary donations are always the right size and color. I have set up a Paypal account in Carter's name. If you'd like to donate to help cover his medical bills, every little bit helps.





If you'd like a different way to donate, the proceeds from the two printable posters and one set of posters pictured below from my shop will be going directly to Carter's fund. Please feel free to share the links on your Facebook pages and blogs to the prints in my shop-I'd love to raise as much as possible for the family. Fairy Tale set of 4-$16

Rise and Shout-$5.00

John 14:18 (Jen's favorite Bible verse)-$5

I'm sure Jen would also appreciate any prayers on Carter's behalf. You can follow Carter's story on her blog here.

2 comments:

Shenna said...

Great job, Beth! You're such a wonderful friend!!!

KatieB said...

i grew up with jenny and i've always loved her so much. thanks for doing this for her!

Related Posts with Thumbnails