Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bad things come in threes....

Most of the time I try to keep things here on the blog light and happy, but the last post was a bit complainy and this one isn't going to win any awards for its optimism either. Just keepin' it real folks. Maybe next week I'll write about that unicorn I saw a couple of days ago...

The theory is that bad things happen in threes. Living it.

  1. My camera broke during the character breakfast that Pooh Bear was supposed to be attending but ended up as a no-show. Not a big deal, except for the fact that it's going to cost almost $200 to get fixed and I currently am cameraless. Hence no pictures on this here blog.
  2. Got a letter in the mail YESTERDAY letting us know that Jakson's therapy is going to be costing us over $200 more starting in TWO WEEKS. Not sure why they waited until now to let us know, but this could be a deal breaker for us, especially considering...
  3. Zak's firm let go 5 engineers from Zak's transportation group yesterday. Thankfully, Zak was not one of them. Yet. Ironically, we had our bi-annual "what will we do if we are laid off" conversation a couple of weeks ago* and Zak assured me that his firm would not be getting rid of anyone. Are we really living this nightmare again?
I guess #3 doesn't quite count as the third bad thing since it hasn't happened yet, but the potential is definitely there. I also just ordered a bathroom scale from Amazon. Me standing on our new scale may be the real 3rd bad thing.

*On a more positive note, if a layoff does come our way, we feel very prepared for it this time. Since our last stint with unemployment, we have saved a three month emergency fund. I am feeling very thankful at this point that we put that aside.

P.S. -Never ever wish your husband to be like Mr. Darcy (a gentleman of leisure). Why did I not learn this last time??? Wishes do come true, but not always the way you intended.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm sorry Hun. I wish I could trade places with you to give you a break. Just remember to keep your head up. It all works out in the end, even if the end seems forever away. Let us readers know if there is anything we can do for you.
-Brittany
www.mommyscornerdiy.blogspot.com

*katie said...

Blech, no fun:( We're finding out that being homeowners isn't all it's cracked up to be (we actually already knew that, now we're just finding out why). We learned last week that we owe an extra 1000 bucks for property taxes that we didn't know about. Thankfully, we got our tax return and Alan's bonus recently, otherwise, we really, really would have been in major trouble.

I hope things start looking up!!

Em said...

That is terrible. Sorry about that beth. Hang in there. Harrison misses jak by the way. He cried the other day about having no friends. All right so now I am going to pray for zak to get a job here in Orlando. That should fix things. :)

Holly North said...

Working is overrated anyway. Phil went through an employment scare and we thought, "Well, then we'd get all of our medical stuff paid for by the state." Come on, the government loves to pay for stuff for unemployed people, so wouldn't all Jak's therapy be covered? We're amazed that life never goes smoothly at all (the more debt we dig ourselves out of, the more cave-ins we're having) but it always somehow miraculously turns out okay, and usually even better than expected.

Jaime Leick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jaime said...

Come to Wisconsin! Really! We have great educational and develop supports for autistic children.

And the company my husband works for is hiring engineers: http://www.foth.com/fothweb/careers/default.asp

If there's not a good engineering fit there right now--keep watching. Lots of growth planned

bethany said...

it's a nice thought Holly, :) but no, the government won't pay for Jakson's therapy if we are unemployed. We'll just have to end Jakson's therapy.

And I agree-the times that we say to ourselves "we finally have our finances in order" is when everything seems to fall apart. Obviously, we should quit saying that :)

David and Jackie said...

Oh Bethany,
I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. My husband and I have been in your shoes. More than once!. It stinks but you will get through it. My husband was laid off just 4 months after we bought our first house and I was 7 months pregnant with our second child. He took a crappy job working wiht my step dad that was supposed to be temporary. Nine years later my step dad "let him go" with no warning and for no reason other than they just never seemed to see eye to eye on everything. (have you ever seen American chopper Sr. vs Jr.? Their relationship is a lot like that) My step dad promised he would leave us on the health plan until hubs found something else. three weeks later I got a call on my cell phone (as my daughter was being wheeled into the OR for heart surgery) He called to tell me that he just HAD to take us off of the health plan. NICE! That was a year ago. With help from hubby's parents we have saved our house and he has decided to open a restaurant. It's scary but I know it was be a good thing for us. I know some good will come from your situation too.

I pray good blessings come your way. Hugs~ Jackie

Related Posts with Thumbnails