Friday, February 04, 2011

Surprise!

Jakson rushed into my room this morning (while I was sleeping), shouting "Mom, surprise for you!." I noticed right away that he had his favorite alien shirt on over his pajamas and realized what the fantastic "surprise" must be. He dragged me into his dark room, closing the door behind us. As soon as the door was closed, he turned around and yelled, "I'm glowing!!" While I'm not a morning person, this scene made me laugh, especially when I realized that his little mind had set it all up, down to the smallest details like turning off his beloved night light before coming to wake me.

This is not something new-he got his alien shirt for Christmas and as soon as he figured out that the applique glowed, he demonstrated to everyone around by taking them individually into a dark closet to show them. I think every relative got to see the miracle glow at least twice on Christmas Day alone. Since then, he regularly dons the shirt and instructs us to join him in the bathroom or closet for a glow fest.

It was the perfect morning for it though because my Joy of Love assignment for today was "what they wear." And by breakfast, he was wearing a whole lot. His pajamas, the glow in the dark alien shirt, a Superkid cape from the toy box, and a cowboy hat from a rejected Halloween costume. Hopefully one of these days, all of the dress up supplies will translate into some pretend play, but for now, we'll take what we can get.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails