Wednesday, February 23, 2011

More Mickey

I promise this is the last post about what my kids are wearing to Disneyland this year. Hopefully. I don't have any other clothing projects on my to-do list, so unless I come up with some amazing idea in the middle of the night, this is it.

I wanted to document the fact that I actually sat down at the sewing machine and made something, despite my burn out. I had the kids try on their Disney shirts from last year and discovered that Jakson's still fits. Sadly, Storey has grown out of the 12M onesie size, but I remembered a pattern I tested from the Make it Perfect book, and turned the old onesie into a new dress!! It's great because she can wear it as a dress now and (if we take another trip) as a shirt over leggings/jeans next year! Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!

In an effort to save a little money in the parks, I thought I'd try making my own Mouse Ear hats. While looking around for a tutorial, I found some Minnie clippies on Etsy and decided to whip those up instead (especially after Jakson informed me he wanted a Buzz Lightyear hat, not a Mickey hat). I'm a huge dork, but I was so excited about the way they turned out and Storey was napping, so I put them on myself for the photo. Just imagine a 2 year old with pigtails....

These were so easy. Four circles of felt (used the bottom of a cup as a guide), sewn together (you could probably even glue) and then hot glued bows and alligator clips on.

Links to my other Disney trip stuff:
-Disney countdown printable (for Disneyland and Disney World)
-No-sew Disney shirts
-DIY Disney shirts (require basic sewing)
-Disneyland on the cheap.

7 comments:

Lehi Harmers said...

Beth- you are amazing and full of energy. Oh my! I SO want to take our kids to Disneyland.... I think I will make a push for it...and use some of your great ideas. Mike's biggest thing is the crowds... he doesn't want to be sitting in line (while paying $15/per hour for the ticket ) to be in line..ha ha. HAVE FUN!! You're awesome!

Camille said...

Holy cow -Storey in those glasses - I can't help but chuckle. So adorable.

Melissa said...

LOVE IT! the dress and mickey ears combo...she is going to be the cutest girl in the park!

hillari said...

That is so cute! I love both ideas. How did you get the ears to stand up though instead of falling over on the clips?? So jealous of your up-coming trip. And feel free to keep your disney posts coming!

Liz said...

We're going to Disneyland for the 1st time with our newly adopted kids in a few months. Can't WAIT to make some silly things for them to wear! I totally LOVE the Minnie Mouse ear clips - I am SOOOO making some for my daughter (and me too - I also am a dork!)

Cerise said...

Such a beautiful dress! And those ears are adorable, much better than the mouse hats!

Lori said...

You keep doing the CUTEST stuff!! I'm going to try the iron ons too!!! Thanks so much for the cute, fantastic ideas! I wish I could make them this cute but still... thanks a bunch! And keep them coming - I have no problem with lots of DW posts since I steal all the ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails