Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Have a Pizzookie

My friend Emily brought me a fantastic gift for my birthday-a pizzookie kit. Seriously, it is the best idea-I'm pretty sure it will be my new go-to gift for friends that live nearby. They must live nearby because there's ice cream involved and ice cream melts. Quickly.

A pizzookie kit consists of a ramekin (or small bowl-we have glass Pyrex bowls that work as well), homemade or store bought cookie dough, and a pint of vanilla ice cream. Emily used homemade cookie dough, wrapped it in saran wrap, then fabric, and tied it at the ends with ribbon. Awesome. The only problem I can see with this gift is that pizzookies are addicting. They can really ruin a diet. So so good.

Pizzookie recipe (from Our Best Bites) my notes in italics

  1. Preheat oven to 350. F
  2. Fill ramekins (or bowls) about 1/2 full of cookie dough.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for about 12-14 minutes or until golden around the edges but still soft in the middle. We've had to cook them about 15 minutes, so you may have to adjust depending on your oven.
  4. Remove from oven and allow to cool about 5 minutes.
  5. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauces. We haven't done the sauces, but it sounds good!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Ohhh man that sounds delicious... I want some now :) Thanks for sharing.

Veronica said...

That sounds soooooo good!! And what a great gift idea!

Christina said...

That does sound good!

Cheryl said...

We've done a recipe like this except we just did one large bowl and cooked it until the cookie dough was just a tad bit doughy and then put the ice cream on right away. Then we dug in.

I haven't had it in so long. Just might make it again!

Shenna said...

Ummm....yum. Just had one over the weekend actually and I already want another one, thanks to your reminder here of how delicious they are. I'm never going to lose weight. Ever.

Beth Ann said...

Pizzokies: totally worth wasting a day of dieting and good exercise. They cancel each other out anyway. If I need to qualify the ingredients for anyone so they feel less bad about eating it, then let me know. I'm aces at making bad foods good long enough to eat them without feeling guilty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails