Monday, January 17, 2011

Project 31-Custom Baby Clothes Quilt Auction

Read more about Project 31 here.

Project 31-UAOK #8

Last year I was selected to test an entire book of patterns for Make It Perfect and I met Toni, a fabulous pattern writer and a now good friend. Recently Toni started blogging about the horrible flooding in Australia (where she lives). The numbers are devastating: 26,000 homes are flooded and uninhabitable, over 100,000 people are without electricity, and 90 people are missing, not to mention those that have lost their lives. To help, Toni put together the Queensland Flood Appeal Auctions-hundreds of bloggers are hosting auctions to raise money for the people effected by the flooding. And since this fell into my lap the exact week that I am trying to do 31 unexpected acts of kindness, I decided it must be fate.

Up for auction is a custom, one-of-a-kind quilt made of your favorite child's baby clothes!! The quilt layout will follow the patchwork pattern in the photo, but will feature squares made from YOUR memories. The finished quilt measures about 40 inch square and will be backed in your choice of coordinating fabric. All proceeds will go directly to the Queensland Flood Appeal.


I don't have lots of money, but I do have nap times that I can spend making an adorable heirloom quilt....so I am donating a week of nap times to the cause.Here's how it will work:
  1. Place your bid by leaving a comment with your bid amount in the comments section of this post and a way to contact you.
  2. The bidding will start at $50. All bids must be in one dollar increments (in other words, don't bid $51.50, rather bid $52 even)
  3. This auction is open to everyone, though $20 will be charged for International addresses. Postage is FREE for United States residents.
  4. The highest bid/comment as of Monday (1/24) at midnight MST is the winner.
  5. Your entire bid goes straight to the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal. The winner will pay for their item and then send me a copy of the receipt email.
  6. Remember that this is all about raising money for the Queensland Flood Appeal, the quilt is just a bonus!! Bidding starts at $50 USD!!
  7. If you have any questions about the quilt, please feel free to email me at bethanycr{at}gmail{dot}com.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll start the bidding at $50... viv.smith@live.com

Anonymous said...

$80 Thanks (but I seriously think a week's worth of nap times are worth so much more like more like $1000!)

carlisclan(at)hotmail.com

Clodagh a.k.a. Isra said...

Hi, thanks for joining in the auctions. Can I just clarify that you will make a quilt for the winner, kind of like a mystery quilt? thanks

bethany said...

I will be making a baby clothes quilt for the winner-he/she will send me the baby clothes and I will make a quilt from them. Thanks!

Bec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

What a beautiful idea. $110

sarahbendeich@iinet.net.au

ayumi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
leeshink said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
shanvenicelaurel said...

interesting and very useful for kids.

www.joeydavila.net

Leslie Lim said...

I really dont like to read blogs. But when I found your post, I started to like it. I found it interesting and informative. Thank you for the effort in posting this kind of information.

Jax
www.imarksweb.org

joy said...

Good day! I was so impressed to see a very well-presented dishes that is absolutely tasty and delicious. You've done a great job.Well, thank you for sharing your talent and article it is very well appreciated. You can also visit my site if you have time.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


ufgop.org
ufgop.org

andrea chiu said...

Thanks for sharing your article and for giving us the chance to read it. It is very helpful and encouraging. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails