Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Can only go up from here.

I have spent the last 5 days either asleep or wishing I was asleep. Happy freakin' New Year.

It all began with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I think I must be allergic to exercise or something. Zak and I started early on our New Year's resolution to get in shape and the next day I came down with the flu. So, I'm sure how you see that I would blame the one on the other. The flu turned into bronchitis which came complete with the most awful, racking cough I've ever had.

After much coercion from Zak, I dragged myself to urgent care (I refuse to do all the research to find a family doctor and I do NOT want to have two kids tag along, especially since Jakson has decided to mortally fear all doctors and screams the entire time he is in the doctor's office regardless of who the appointment is for. After hours urgent care is worth the 10 extra dollars). I have to admit, waiting alone in the office for the doctor to arrive was probably one of the quietest, most restful half hours I've experienced in a year or more. Well, waking half hours. The doctor informed me that my bronchitis may or may not have turned into walking pneumonia and prescribed a narcotic that he said would make me (and I quote) "not tired, but really, really mellow."

Great. A mother of two small children who is stoned due to doctor's orders. Just what I need.

I took it only once-I swear that stuff made my illness worse. After taking it, I still had a cough, but was also nauseous for a day and a half. I will not be taking it again. Fortunately, my cough has lessened significantly, but I'm still exhausted. If nothing else, I may have actually lost weight as the result of not being able to taste food for almost a week.

I guess that's one way to keep a New Year's resolution if all other methods fail.

5 comments:

Terri said...

Oh you poor thing. I'm glad you're feeling better. Nothing is worse than being sick when you have kids who need you!

I was sick today and my 2 1/2 year old kept saying "Momma no be sad. Momma tummy hurt. My tummy feels good, Momma, let's play."

Sad. : )

Christina said...

Hang in there!

KatieB said...

what a crappy way to start your new year! hope you get to keep those extra pounds off :)

Lori said...

The Shred kicked my tail last year... I don't have the courage to even THINK about it right now!! And oh my, feel better!

Beth Ann said...

I hope you feel better soon! Don't worry, I think I'm allergic to exercise too, particularly to Jillian Michaels. I should probably start that back up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails