Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Thankful 30-9

I could put "policepeople" again here today because I was pulled over AGAIN, but this time I'm not feeling all that grateful. What are the chances?!? No tickets for over 10 years then two in one week. Ugh.

But my thankfulness is related in a way to the kind officer who made me wait in the car for FIFTEEN minutes (with two screaming children I might add-Jakson yelling at me to "keep driving mom!!") while he watched his favorite clips from Jimmy Fallon or filed his nails. I really have no idea what he was doing, but seriously?!? Fifteen minutes?!? I was vastly annoyed. '

Back to the original point.

I am grateful for a savings account. This year it has gotten us through broken down cars, an expensive autism diagnosis, two speeding tickets, and a myriad of other unexpected financial obligations. Having money in a savings account gives us peace of mind. And I'm grateful for Suze Orman, Dave Ramsey, and my mother who have instilled in us the importance of being frugal and saving for a rainy day.

2 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

I wouldn't blame him if he was watching Jimmy Fallon clips. He is my pretend boyfriend after all.

edith said...

Urgh, that sucks. Twice in row. :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails