Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Let there be light

Tomorrow I'm going to be taking family pictures for one of my best friends who is currently in Utah (one good thing about UT-everyone has family to visit here, so we get to see them too!). And yeah, I don't normally take pictures of other people..... I'm totally nervous that I'm going to completely screw up or suddenly forget how to use my camera, so I've been cramming like I'm in college (only this time I'm hoping to actually retain the information), reading everything photography related I can get my hands on and practicing different techniques.

Last night Zak was kind enough to play with the kids while I experimented with backlight and full sun shots. It was fun to mess with different manual settings on the camera.




6 comments:

Maren said...

Those turned out super cute - looks like your cramming has paid off! You'll do great, I'm sure. Good luck!

bethany said...

Thanks Maren-that means a lot, especially coming from a pro like you!! :)

Baldwin's in Utah said...

What the crap! You are amazing! Why are you taking classes?! Looks like you already have it nailed! Seriously those turned out FANTASTIC! Backlighting was one of the very hardest things for me to learn! Way to be!!!

bethany said...

You're too nice Nicole. You should have seen the other 50 pictures I took. Bad bad bad.

Sabrina said...

Those are awesome! Nice work. I really need to read up and practice on my camera too...I know you will do a great job.

Lisa said...

Those are GREAT! You'll do fabulously!

Related Posts with Thumbnails