Monday, August 02, 2010

Dave Ramsey would be proud

Another long story made short:
We found a place to live.

It is small, but it is cheap and close to Zak's work and Storey refuses to sleep anywhere but in a dang closet anyway, so why do we need a bedroom for her?

I"ve been perusing blogs and design sites for ideas on utilizing small spaces. Basically, I'd like to fit an office, play room, three bedrooms, a living room, a dining area, and a kitchen into five small rooms. So yeah....I'm all about creativity at this point.

Found out that a lot of kids sleep in closets, although their closets are a lot more aesthetically pleasing than Storey's.



Oh Happy Day

The best part? We can save, save, save for our next REAL house. I'm so done with renting.

Still hoping for a job elsewhere, still hoping to move soon, but for now, we'll move forward here trusting in the Lord's plan.

And hoping that Storey will continue to want to sleep in a closet for just a little while longer.

8 comments:

Clyde J Criddle said...

Sleeeping in a closet is kind of like sleeping in the womb, right? No wonder she likes it. I'm glad you found a new place to live.

Lisa said...

HAPPY new HOUSE! Fantastic and those closet rooms are awesome!

Caroline said...

Hey, Ryan slept in a closet for the first year and a half of his life. It was pretty sweet. Wait, I mean it was a crappy Wymount closet with an accordian style door. Anyways, he turned out fine...so far... :)

Lori said...

It's great that you guys found a place to live! You should post pictures when you get her closet all set up - I love that idea!

Shenna said...

Yay for the new house! I'm glad you found something!

Jenny said...

Yay! You found a place! I'll bet that that is one stress that is gone. :)

Seth and Peggy said...

Wow, things have been pretty crazy at your house lately! I always think that finding somewhere to live will be fun and it never turns out that way. I'm glad you found somewhere. Don't worry about the flame material, I'm sure some post office worker is going to do something awesome with it.

West Family said...

Where did you find the new house? Glad that you found one that works! I am totally convinced that kids don't need a lot of room when they are sleeping. They are very adaptable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails