Monday, June 28, 2010

Utah! Utah! Rah! Rah!

I was reading back through my posts the other day and realized that I've been pretty harsh on Utah. Admittedly, it has been a difficult adjustment, but there are good things about the Land of the Bump-it that I have failed to acknowledge.


Now that I've lived here for almost a year, I've begun to see beyond the green jell-o with carrot shreds to the more happy parts of Happy Valley.

Like parades.
Parades are extremely happy.
And how many of you live in a town that can boast of its own parade?

Complete with little girls in alter boy haircuts and red Kool-aid mustaches.....
Waiting in the sun.... Watching for the floats throwing candy. Parades are better than Halloween. Just as much candy, a lot less exercise.
Unfortunately, Storey lost interest after the third or fourth float. Then she got tired of the paparazzi. And then the fighting started--although there were at least 30 other pieces of candy to choose from, both kids decided that they HAD to have the ONE sucker that was thrown. Surprise. Surprise.

Note to happy parade people: Please throw two of each candy, preferably taped together so they are easier to catch as a set. I'm not asking much....

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Fantastic shots. We love a good parade, but ours is at Christmas, so a wee bit cooler.

Related Posts with Thumbnails