Wednesday, May 26, 2010

STAY PUFF MARSHMALLOW MAN'S COUSIN

I've been doing some hands on research for my little freezer class tomorrow night, so I've made a few new recipes in the last couple of days. Last night we had Tomato Basil Hamburgers. So good. And I made enough patties to freeze for two more meals. Very easy.

Before we went to bed last night, I got out the Rhodes frozen bread dough for tonight's dinner to thaw.

I woke this morning to find a monster. If I had slept in any longer, I think the dough mass would have crawled its way upstairs and attacked.

It all worked out in the end---I made three Ham and Cheese Braids to freeze and one to eat. Photo Courtesy of Ducks in a Row

I used the linked recipe, but if I had to do it again, I think I might try the Pioneer Woman recipe (has a few more ingredients that might add a little more kick) or use grilled chicken in lieu of ham. I think I would also use homemade dough instead of the frozen stuff. It was more expensive and (in my opinion) a little difficult to work with.

Happy freezing!

4 comments:

Hollie said...

This is what we are actually having for dinner tomorrow I just have to put it in my fridge to thaw overnight. I love freezer meals.

Lisa said...

That is a hoot and those hamburgers sound tasty!

Amanda XOX said...

This is a good recipe. I make it with homemade bread dough and it's delish! Here's a blog of one of the freezer meal groups I've joined in the neighboring ward that's has been going for a while. It has lots of recipes, pics, and reviews you might like: http://freezermealsforus.blogspot.com/

Our ward started a freezer meal group and 12 people signed up. We each make 12 of the same recipe of our choosing, get together 1x a month and swap in someone's garage. I thought they'd get overwelmed at having to make 12, but everyone is still in!

Happy freezer meal making

Fabulessly Frugal said...

Yummy! We love the ham and cheese braids!

Related Posts with Thumbnails