Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Sleeping Habits

While my parents were visiting, we kicked Storey out of her room and had her sleep in our closet. This child has spent a ridiculous amount of her life sleeping in a closet. But she slept so much better during the two weeks my parents were here that we've just left her in there.

Don't worry it's a walk-in.

She takes after me and needs lots of sleep. I made the mistake of skipping her morning nap a few days ago and paid the price when she sat in her high chair sobbing about nothing for 10 minutes straight. She's a little too young for PMS, so I blame it on LOS (lack of sleep). Thankfully, it's always easy to tell that she needs a little nap before the meltdowns start if you know what signs to look for.

Assume the position

Storey's favorite naptime/bedtime books right now
And her favorite lullaby is one that Zak's grandmother used to sing.
Oh, where are you going pretty bird?
Oh, where are you going pretty bird?
I am going to my nest,
I am going to my nest,
I am going to my nest, sweet child.

And what will you find there pretty bird?
And what will find there pretty bird?
I'll find two little eggs,
I'll find two little eggs,
I'll find two little eggs, sweet child.

And what will those little eggs be?
And what will those little eggs be?
They'll be two tiny birds,
they'll be two tiny birds,
they'll be two tiny birds, sweet child.

And what will those little birds do?
And what will those little birds do?
They'll sing praises to God,
they'll sing praises to God,
they'll sing praises to God, sweet child.

9 comments:

Spjut Family said...

Getting Cole to sleep one nap is very hard. It takes me over an hour to get him to go to sleep. I still can't believe she has two naps still. Lucky you.

edith said...

Oh, I love the first photo of Storey. Beautiful little girl. And good sleeper, that's good too. Like my kids. Matilda goes to nap all by herself in big brother's bed. I don't need to do anything. :)

bethany said...

I have one that is a great sleeper-and one that is terrible. In the end, I guess it evens out...

hillari said...

She is so darling! We have a surefire tell when Finley is tired too! Yeah, you deserve to have a good sleeper!

Gina said...

Her hair is so cute! And her eyes. It is so fun to watch babies grow up on blogs. :)

Sabrina said...

She is absolutely precious!

Lisa said...

I don't blame her. I need my sleep too. She is just TOO adorable!

rawhide said...

she is so cute!!!!! her hair is longer and getting to be a different color. good luck with the sleeping.

Jen and Reed said...

Looks like you colored her hair. I haven't seen your blog in such a long time. Great pics and lots of family fun has been had I see. I am so jealous of the scenery in Utah. I must live there some day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails