Sunday, May 02, 2010

In the end, it was the flies

There were many hypotheses thrown out regarding the ultimate demise of the Peep wreath, but I want you all to know that in the end, it wasn't the birds or the ants, it was the flies. I knew it was time to find a final resting place for the wreath when the flies started to swarm it. The other two were good guesses, though I'm not sure that Utah weather was taken into account--it has snowed 3 times in the past 3 days. The ants and birds are most likely still in hibernation.

Maybe I can blame the lack of visitors in the past few weeks to the fly bitten Peep wreath hanging on the door.
Hermits take note.

My newest wreath will survive even the worst of insects and hopefully won't turn back the neighbors who were undoubtedly bringing me treats but were scared by the hideousness of my door decoration.

Because one can never get enough pennants (I don't think you can O.D. on these things because if anyone has seen too many, it would be me.)--the mini pennant wreath.
Ingredients:
-simple grapevine wreath
-mini flags made with Riley Blake Summer Song
-ribbon
-hot glue gun
-fabric wreath hanger (also Riley Blake Summer Song)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it! SUPER cute!

Camille said...

Sad! I liked that peep wreath :)

Kim said...

so cute!! i've never had a wreath on my door, but this one will be perfect for summer. i'm doing this this week!! thanks for the inspiration :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails