Friday, April 02, 2010

The Winds of Change

Zak was laid off one year ago this month.
Thus began a year of change.
New job, new house, new state, new friends, new car (did I ever mention that the '95 Civic gave up the ghost? We now own an '89 Accord with flip up headlights. It's awesome), new callings, new trials....
It has been difficult, but reflecting on the challenges that we have had, our family was well prepared for them. We were given counsel by our parents, church leaders, and learned from previous life experiences how to handle the curve balls that were thrown our way and we emerged relatively unscathed.

Fast forward one year later.
Once again we are facing change.
Well, changeS.
Quite possibly many, many of them-possibly harder than before.
Are they unexpected? Yes. Do I feel overwhelmed? Very much so.
But I can see the Lord's hand in preparing us for these changes.
The subtle and not so subtle experiences we have had to get us ready for trials, to help us know that He is in control, that He has a plan, and that He is guiding us.
And I will continue to take His hand as I step into the darkness of the unknown.

Are you facing challenges of your own (and who isn't?!?)?
This talk by one of the General Authorities of the LDS Church really helped me gain perspective.
It may be just what you need to hear.

8 comments:

Shenna said...

That is a great article, Beth. Going through change is certainly NOT fun, but given that kind of perspective, it seems to be a little less of a hardship. Let me know if there's anything we can do to help you!!

Oh, and by the way, the camera we got for Maddi is the Fisher Price Kid Tough digital camera - Target had it on clearance for $35 rather than $50.

hillari said...

Oh dear--I don't know what's going on, but it sounds a bit stressful. Good luck with everything, and with keeping things in perspective!

Amanda said...

Oh, I hope y'all are okay. I'm sorry the fire is heating up. Praying for you!

Lisa said...

Prayers from here for strength and peace.

rawhide said...

are you moving again???

Kerry said...

Hang in there!! We'll be praying for you guys! xoxo

Bridget said...

You have such a great attitude and perspective and I admire you for it. I hope the trials you face are short lived and I'll be thinking of you.

Seth and Peggy said...

Once again we are facing change.
Well, changeS.

And you're just going to leave us hanging?? :) I am glad to see you have the right help along the way. Thank goodness for it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails