Sunday, April 18, 2010

Celebration Week

Jakson didn't just have one day of celebrating his birthday, he had a whole week! If only we all could be so lucky....

Tuesday: He took dinosaur cupcakes to school for sharing. And mommy kept a couple at home for eating. Yum.

Wednesday: Jakson has been having a hard time going to preschool and primary (Sunday School for little ones) lately. Once again resorting to bribes, we set up a sticker chart and he finally earned a Woody doll! So, we pretended that was his birthday present and gave it to him (beautifully wrapped in a Target bag). Then because it was his actual birthday, he also got to wear his new "four" shirt, get a dozen free Krispy Kreme donuts, and party at HeHaws, a seasonal petting farm/outdoor playland with Grandma and Grandpa V. Nothing extravagant, but he's four and didn't care.

My favorite part of the day? Storey's sunglasses.
Or maybe it was Grandpa coming down the slide.The trip wasn't complete without a bumpy, back wrenching barrel ride,sliding, pig watching, more sliding, swinging, pony riding, even more sliding, and hugging.A couple more pictures for good measure.

Thursday: My parents arrived from Houston. What a great birthday present!

Friday: We normally throw a friend party for the kids every other year--making this Jakson's "friend party" year. Only he doesn't really have any friends (well he has one, so he came over to play on Jakson's birthday). Is that awful to say about your own kid? Since the move, he really hasn't bonded with any kids-I guess you could say he left his heart in Arizona. Instead, we threw a family party-with grandparents from both sides, aunts and uncles, presents, cake--again, he's four and really didn't care.

Sitting in front of the birthday banner (sorry about the quality of these pictures-terrible lighting)Opening presentsDespite our singing efforts, Jakson's hatred of the birthday song continues.He recovered in time to blow out the candlesHappy 4th Birthday Jak!! We love you and are so so glad that you are a part of our family!

12 comments:

Shenna said...

That big slide thing looks like tons of fun! I do wish we lived closer so we could all celebrate together. I might be coming to Utah (big might still) at the end of June/first few days of July. It depends on how uncomfortable pregnancy makes me and how ambitious I'm feeling...driving with the kids alone. I have a feeling that it won't matter at that point because I'll probably do anything to get out of the serious heat here!!

Bridget said...

He's well on his way to birth-month, which is what I celebrate ;). What a fun birthday!

Spjut Family said...

Happy Birthday Jackson. What a fun one, I think you guys pulled off a great party... even though he is four and doesn't care. :) what fun.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!

Looks like a lot of fun! I am giggling at the cool shades. What a diva!

KatieB said...

happy birthday jak! the same thing happened to rylee for her fourth birthday. we'd only been in texas a few months and she didn't really have any friends. after we sang and blew out the candles she looked around and said, "Where are all my friends?" it was slightly heartbreaking. fast forward two years and she's got plenty of friends for a party now. give it time.

West Family said...

What a great week! Happy birthday Jak!

Kim said...

how in the world do you make those letters so perfect?!? do you have stencils?

Melissa said...

I love birthday's lasting a whole week! why not, since birthdays are generally less exciting when we get "older."
I wish we could've celebrated together. Carter misses his only boy friend!
Love Storey's glasses!
And great job on the cake. Miss you guys!

Camille said...

Those are some SWEET shades Storey has, I'm totally jealous!

j&krosser said...

Love the sunglasses! and it is hilarious that he hates the birthday song- I can't wait to the same picture at 18.

bethany said...

To answer questions:
La Tempete-the fabrics are Michael Miller's Dino Dudes (a fairly new line) and the orange basket weave from the Katie Jump Rope line (one of my all-time favorites)

Kim-I do have stencils-I made them from fonts in Word. Currently, I am using a Cricut to cut out all of my fabric letters. What a difference that makes!!

edith said...

Sorry, I missed Jakson's bday. Happy belated bday and it looks like he had a wonderful birthday week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails