Sunday, April 25, 2010

C is for Cookie, L is for Lame

This week has been crazy--lots of family, lots of Utah sight-seeing, lots of fun--well fun, until I caught an awful cold. Then it was more like lots of tissues.

Completely unrelated:
Do you ever feel like your husband is the highlight of your long day? Every day when Zak walks in the door, I think "finally."

I know that I'm not cut out to be a military wife, or a med-school "widow", though I have friends who are both and have great respect for their sacrifices and strength. Maybe it's because I'm too uptight or get frazzled too easily (did I mention that I have many negative qualities?).

I hate to say it, but one of the perks of unemployment was that Zak was around A. LOT. Not that I would wish that trial upon our family again, but it was definitely the silver lining. Speaking of which, this week marks the one year anniversary of our layoff, but instead of being here to toast (with Martinelli's of course) that we have survived 365 whirlwind days, Zak's on a quick trip to Houston. This is ridiculously pathetic, but he's only been gone for a few hours and I miss him already.

I'm totally blaming my lameness on the Nyquil.
Yeah, that's it, the Nyquil.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish you were here too and that we could meet up!

Spjut Family said...

crack me up. I am one of those "widowed" type. Can't wait to be married again.

Heather S. said...

Oh, I feel some of your pain, my husband left for a short trip to Kansas this morning and I'm missing him too. He didn't leave until 11 this afternoon actually.

[AnnieR] said...

You know, I think I would think the same thing about myself if Brandon had a normal 9-5 profession--that I couldn't hack doing everything by myself and being without him all the time. But here I am, a lone freaking medical-widow rock star. Yah, that's what I said. And you would be, too. You just don't have to, so...lucky you.

hillari said...

I totally am with you on the "finally!" I start watching the clock every afternoon, and have thought many times that I just couldn't do what some have to...

Leanna said...

cute

FamilyKolbaba said...

Is he doing what I think he's doing in Houston?

Related Posts with Thumbnails