Wednesday, March 17, 2010

OH NO YOU DIDN'T.

This morning I took the kids to Broadbents to pick up some fabric I needed for a couple of orders. Normally they are "decent", a term I use very loosely to describe their behavior, but get away with some amount of mischief due to the fact that the ladies who work behind the cutting counter find them adorable.

Today-not so much.

Storey is currently on her first "I don't want anything to do with my parents" kick (one of many in the future I am sure) and refuses to let me hold her. She screams, "walking! walking!" every time I pick her up. But when I put her down, she runs away, not really something I want to deal with in a quilting shop where my children seem to think it's appropriate to stuff themselves between bolts of fabric. After carrying and listening to her scream "walking! walking" for 5 minutes, I just gave up, took the kids, and left empty handed.

Cue Jakson's tantrum on the ground in the parking lot because we left without getting french fries (???? ) and I'd say it was a successfully dramatic morning.

Thankfully Zak called about the time that I was considering a new job with the circus and offered to come home at lunch so that I could purchase fabric without the unnecessary meltdowns. My hero.

10 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

This is why I vote that every establishment have either delivery services or a drive thru.

bethany said...

Love it. Drive through fabric store. It would do so well here in the land of the Bump-It.

I'll be rich!

Jen Hooge said...

Wow! Sounds oh so familiar to my kids. I love the meltdown about french fries. My son does that too about totally random things. The other night he demanded we go to the zoo so that he could get a new shark tooth for his necklace because he lost his. It was 6:30!

North Family Arizona said...

Do you think that I could pull off the bump-it?

Have Holly tell you what happened to your sister it'll blow your mind!

Phil

hillari said...

This sounds oh-so familiar! Except for the awesome ending to the story where your husband whisks your children away and you get to shop child free! He totally is awesome!

Shenna said...

Oh, Beth, I'm sorry. I wish I had some words of encouragement, but I don't. Hooray for the heroic husband entrance!

Lisa said...

What a sweet guy! I wouldn't dare take my 2 smallest ones out fabric shopping. EEEK!

Tasha said...

I feel ya! I took my 3 kiddos ages 9, 4, and 19 months to hobby lobby last night and my 4 yr old melted down because I wouldn't buy her some wedding ducks. Maybe it was in the air, or something :)

Spjut Family said...

motherhood. no days off, no 15 min breaks, and no pay raises. But it's fun, thankfully you have a great hubby that takes care of you.

KatieB said...

i am SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO OS OS OSOS SOSOSOSO tired of being humiliated in stores because of my children. they will pay for this some day. most likely during their teens when i insist on chaperoning their high school field trips as payback or something like that.. bu-wah-ha-ha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails