Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bribery and Beauty

Jakson is SO close to being done with diapers. Hallelujah! I promised him a little surprise if he could start telling us when he needed to use the toilet. The alternative (peeing on the floor, in his pants, etc) was becoming irritating.

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: bribery works, folks.
So sue me.

I used his current obsession (besides Disneyland) of dinosaurs to my advantage. Not everyone can say they own custom underwear, eh?
ROAR!

While Jakson has been busy potty training, Storey has been busy growing a mullet. And since last time I attempted to cut her hair was a disaster (she moved just as I was cutting her bangs. Crooked is an understatement), I had to finally figure out how to create pigtails. I do not know how you mothers of girls do it. I stand and applaud you.

Here is proof of my sad attempt. Disclaimer: This picture was taken after church and Storey had pulled her flower clip out a number of times. Pretend that the front is all swooped to the side and pinned back. I realize that's a lot to ask.It hides the party in the back well though. I don't care if the 80's are back-my stance on the hideousness of a mullet remains.

4 comments:

Covey and Justin said...

Lyddie is still sporting a mullet :( She is going to be TWO in 2 weeks! Anyway--not sure if the vacuum scares Storey but I brush the hair really well then use the vacuum hose to suck up the hair and grab it. It works WAY better than trying to brush it into a pigtail and Lydia thinks its funny. I am with you though--doing little girl hair is the pits!

Lisa said...

I never even thought about using the vacuum ... hahaha. LOVE the personalized undies!

Shenna said...

Beth, you crack me up! Her hair is fine! Good job on the piggies. Sitting in front of the T.V. works for my girls.

Seth and Peggy said...

What cute little boys underwear! You should sell those in the shop. If Jakson gets defiant about the potty training and makes messes on purpose, just give him a cold rinse off in the tub afterward. That helped Macie stop right away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails