Friday, February 05, 2010

The Big Reveal

Zak has been jealous of me since we got married-because I had a quilt and he didn't.

We'll call this phenomenon "Quilt Envy."

Since Christmas morning, he covets no more.
The backI know it looks complicated, but it's really an easy patchwork with a little twist. I followed the pattern Old Red Barn Co. has on her blog. I didn't have a chance to do the quilt-a-long when it was actually happening, but the steps were SO EASY to follow. I'm not a big quilter and I thought it was extremely simple. Really, don't be afraid beginners!!

I sent the quilt out to be machine quilted, but if I had to do it again, I would definitely send it locally. It took two months to get it back, which is why I didn't finish the binding until last week.

I love it, but better yet, Zak does.
Just in case you are curious, I used a mixture of Amy Butler, Heather Bailey, Anna Maria Horner, Michael Miller, and some other no-name fabrics I picked up to fill in the gaps. If you want more specific details about fabrics, just let me know in the comments and I'll do my best to answer your questions!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

It is gorgeous! That must've took so much time.

Shenna said...

And now I have quilt envy! :) I love it! It looks fantastic!

bethany said...

I was actually working on it in the midst of Max costume madness, so I didn't spend a ton of time on it. Piecing a quilt like this is really very simple! It took me two afternoons to do all the cutting and sewing together.

[AnnieR] said...

It's really beautiful. I LOVE it.

Lisa said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I have quilt envy now!

Melissa said...

Nice job, Bethy, very boyish. I love your fabric choices.

Leah J. said...

OH, WOW! This is beautiful! You are so talented!! I LOVE the colors!

Kellie said...

Wow, wow, wow! That's AWESOME! Of course, this is coming from a girl that doesn't even know how to turn on her sewing maching but wow. Just wow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails