Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Surprise!

As Zak so graciously announced, last week was my birthday.
My 30th birthday.
I think I'm supposed to feel differently about this milestone.
It seems like everyone else dreads the big 3-0, but 30 is the new 20, right?
Maybe I'm just too busy to care.
When my life slows down and I have time to think about it, then I'll feel miserable about getting old(er).

To celebrate, we went with The Ingalls to Tepanyaki, one of those restaurants where they grill up your food right in front of you .
Yummy.
The waiter threw shrimp at us.
Specifically, in the direction of our mouths.
But my mouth-eye coordination isn't what it once was and I missed.
A sign of old age I'm sure.

We came back to the house to find a party!
My sister in law Crystal made me a gorgeous fondant cake.
She's like my personal Ace of Cakes!Maren had made Red Velvet Cake Pops as well AND we had leftover Funfetti cake from the night before-it's a good thing "go on a diet" wasn't on my goal sheet for this month.
I'm a realist.So we did what any good parent would do-
we woke up our kids and let them partake in the festivities.

Storey wasn't too happy about the beauty sleep interruption.After a piece of cake and a cake pop, Jakson was experiencing a bit of a sugar rush.
Reliving our wedding cake memories.

8 comments:

Spjut Family said...

What fun!! Happy Birthday Beth. Love the pictures. Espcially when you are in them. You rarely post those. I'm glad you had fun-- the party looked great.

Spjut Family said...

ps. you look the same as you did 10 years ago. whats the secret?

bethany said...

I'm always behind the camera instead of in front of the camera...

What a nice compliment Jen-I think I'm coming to terms with the fact that I don't fit in on campus anymore :)

Melissa said...

No way. . . take it from someone who has been 30 for awhile - it is sooo much better than being in your 20s! Enjoy it! It is awesome!!

gillian said...

Happy Birthday! I love your fun site!

Shenna said...

I love the cake!! My cake decorating skills are about as good as the gingerbread house decorating skills...

Happy birthday, again. Glad you had fun celebrating!

edith said...

Happy birthday Beth!! Don't worry, 30 is awesome. 40 is much worst. ;) Love the cake, almost too pretty to eat.
And when you have time, will you put some scraps for me? Many many colors if possible. Thanks!!

Melissa said...

Cute cake! That picture of you and Zak cutting the cake is hilarious. Happy Birthday!

Wish you were here so we could've gone to lunch.

Related Posts with Thumbnails