Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Resolve

It's a new year (well, 24 days ago it was), which means new resolve.
A new burst of motivation to become better, change things, lose weight, gain skills, and of course, come up with a way to actually get around to keeping those goals.

Last year, I started out strong with GAM '09 or Goal a Month.
I even convinced a few of you to play along.
It went really great until April---and along came Mr. Layoff.
Zak lost his job and I lost my ambition.
The move, job search, home sale, etc took it out of me.
Survival was my only goal.

But I'm feeling like 2010 is going to be a good year.
With hopefully a lot less drama.
So we started out right by setting up a system.
And we are determined to keep it up beyond April.

Every month we are setting an attainable number of goals (5-6) and displaying them where we will see our lists every day.
Since we were hanging them, I wanted the lists to look like something that fit into our decor as opposed to something that I would slap on my college dorm room wall.

I needed the displays to be interchangeable, so I decided on 97 cent clipboards from Walmart.
I know, ugly.
I gave them face lift with bright blue craft paint and then added the labels "Mom", "Dad", and "Family" using some old scrapbooking letters I had around.

I love the way they turned out.
Even more in love with the idea that I'm going to get so much done this year!!
Or at least how many lists I get to make!

7 comments:

Shenna said...

Ooh, Beth, I love it! I've not been nearly as on top of goal setting this year as I was last year...too many things crept up on me this month. Maybe February will be a calmer month.

Sabrina said...

I love it! Nice work!

Jenn said...

That sounded like my life in '09. I had tons of projects to do lined up, pregnant with #4...then my hubby was laid off feb '09. All of my creative juices dried up completely almost in an instant because we were focused on survival, too. He actually got a job offer 2 days before the baby was born. I still didn't have it in me to do anything, then I decided for me to have a"brand new year 2010" and started a little blog to keep me going with doing things I love {redberrybarn.blogspot}. I hope that '10 is a great year for you and your family. I will definitely check out what you are doing, you have great style!!

Audra Bollard said...

from one list maker to another I think that looks good! I have the whole josephine series if you want me to mail it to you . . . they're a fun escape.

Ginny said...

what a great idea! love it!

Mrs. Wolf said...

What a great idea! I might "steal" this idea :)

Dawn said...

Cute Idea

Related Posts with Thumbnails