Monday, January 11, 2010

Love, love, love

Because all of the Christmas decorations had been taken down, I was feeling like the fireplace mantle was looking a little bare and sad. So, I turned to my trusty bookmarks folder to find something to make that would be worthy of center stage.

True to its purpose, I found this link that I had saved to Amy Butler's free patterns, specifically the Love and Peace Wall Art Pattern. I didn't want to make my canvas exactly like it, but I thought I could do something with the LOVE idea for Valentines.Fast forward two or three days when Julie of Joy's Hope posted her one word canvas tutorial. Not as complicated as the Amy Butler pattern, better font, and on a smaller scale, I scrapped my original idea and finished my one word canvas in less than an hour.

I used a smaller canvas (11x14) so I printed my letters at 600 font instead of 700 and laziness was my companion so I didn't bother to stitch around each letter (adhered them with no-sew Heat and Bond-love that stuff!). I love how it turned out.And since I was missing the advent calendar strung across the fireplace, I used the same fabric, Love Notes by Marcus Bros, and made a banner to hang in its place.If you want your own vintage Valentine banner, get one here.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

You are just so crafty...one of the many reasons why I like you. :)

That vintage valentine fabric is adorable!

Morgan said...

Those are gorgeous! They would be really neat spelling out children's names too.

Leanna said...

i like this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails