Friday, January 08, 2010

Christmas Recap--Part 1

This year's Christmas was pretty low key--meaning we didn't spend much and shopping wasn't stressful or last minute. In fact, we found Jakson's big present (a bike with training wheels) at a garage sale back in August and stored it in the garage behind a couple of boxes until Christmas Eve.

One of my favorite moments of Christmas 2009 involved the bike. Jakson came down the stairs and sat down right next to it, but didn't even notice it for a full five minutes. And obviously, it is in plain sight. Poor, unobservant Jakson. Have I mentioned that he also walks into walls on a regular basis?

Unfortunately, he hasn't even had a chance to ride said bike since snow is covering all of the flat cement surfaces. I didn't think about the winter elements when we decided to get him one. He has adorned his helmet a couple of times and taken a spin around the living room, but it's not the same.Every time I asked Jakson what he wanted Santa to bring him, he said ABCs. Don't narrow it down or anything buddy. His two Santa gifts ended up being How to Build an A and Dr. Seuss's Super Stretchy ABC game (basically an ABC Twister). Jak was thrilled.I thought of this as Storey's first Christmas because last year, she slept through the whole thing. She enjoyed ripping the wrapping paper off of all of her presents and helping everyone else with theirs. It didn't take long before screams of "mine" were heard and fighting over gifts ensued. Annoying.Storey got quite a few little notebooks and some pencils. She fancies herself a journalist and is often seen with a pad of paper and pen in her hand--many times it's my grocery list, which inevitably gets list when little hands take off with it. Hopefully this will solve that problem. The annual "what I got for Christmas" pictures


I realize that I did say that we kept Christmas pretty simple this year and their toy haul pictures don't really seem to reflect that. WE kept things simple, but I can't necessarily say the same thing about their aunts and uncles. When you are the only niece and nephew, you get a little bit spoiled.

Other random pictures from Christmas morning:
There are a lot more pictures, but I took most of them on my shiny new camera (Zak's present to me) and I'm still waiting for the USB cord to show up in the mail so I can upload them. I know you all are dying to see more action shots of our present opening...

6 comments:

SpartanGirl said...

I love the idea of taking pictures of the kids in front of their haul. What fun to look back on someday!

We had a similar bike issue with my daughter last year. She missed the bike the Easter bunny left (b/c it's just too snowy in Minnesota for Santa to leave one), but DID manage to find every single jelly bean. She too walks into walls. LOL!

Shenna said...

I love your tree! Its so pretty! Can't wait to see new pictures from the new camera!!

bethany said...

Target 75% off. So great!

Megan said...

If there are any pictures of Storey with her notorious stink eye, please post it. It makes me laugh everytime.

Spjut Family said...

Wow, I did start to wonder about your simple christmas until you clarified about the aunties and uncles. Your kids must have had a blast. FUn, fun.

KatieB said...

I can't believe how much older jakson is looking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails