Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Sunday

Someday both of my children will look at the camera at the same time and smile. It will be a Christmas miracle.Preferably without bribes or threats.
Jakson is grinning in this picture as he imagines the promise of a pre-church brownie.
I succumbed to peer pressure again this year and made Storey a Christmas dress, even though she had a perfectly good thrift store find hanging in her closet.
It turned out exactly how I had imagined-something that doesn't happen all that often, making the last minute decision worth it.
The price was right too-the total on the dress was about 50 cents-$1/yard clearance fabric, black scraps, and vintage buttons from my collection.


7 comments:

The Frosts said...

your kids are stunningly beautiful! and i love storey's dress :)

make it perfect said...

so cute! i LOVE jackson's tie - did you make it?

[AnnieR] said...

I love Storey's hair accessory. Very vintage looking--soooo cute. And I'm still mad that you're my friend and therefore can never use the name "Storey."

I hope this week is better for you.

Shenna said...

I love Storey's dress! You did a great job, as per usual. And a Christmas miracle wouldn't even describe how happy I would be for a good picture of my two girls together. It's got to be the age, right? Right? That's what I keep telling myself...

Amanda said...

Storey's dress was so cute! I love it. The black accessory in her hair is so pretty against the blond. I had some great hand-me-down dresses for Annabeth for Christmas. She's worn them all this month, but I did freak out at the last minute that she didn't have a shiny new one from me. So I gave in to my silliness and found one on sale. It did indeed give me tremendous happiness yesterday morning.

Dawn said...

Love the hair bow! Did you make that too?

bethany said...

Yeah-the clip was very easy to make. Just a couple of scraps of the black from the bib portion of the dress, cut into circles and hand sewn together with a little tulle. Then I just stuck it onto a metal alligator clip. We lose clips so often around here that I don't like to spend a whole lot on that.

Jakson's tie-didn't make that. I bought it off of Etsy awhile ago for my sister-in-law's wedding.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AriesRoad?section_id=6396437

Related Posts with Thumbnails