Monday, November 02, 2009

Thankful 30

I wanted to do a I am thankful post everyday last November, but it didn't occur to me until about the 20th of the month and by then I didn't want to go back and post that many blogs in past tense.


2009 is take 2. And I'm already a day late.

By the way, these are in no particular order of importance.

#1-Zakid=I realize that sounds cheesy, because it is, but it is also a fact. And it's a fact as well that I probably don't express my appreciation as often as I should.

Saturday night I was talking to a friend about trying to get everything done and mentioned that if it wasn't for Zak, I'd never get all of my orders out. She was very surprised that he helps with all the cutting and sewing. She also runs a shop and apparently never gets help from her husband. I can't imagine how I would do it.

He's a wonderful Love, September employee, husband, and father. Even now, he is upstairs giving the kids a bath so that I can wash the dishes in silence. Never thought I'd like that task, but it's quiet.

#2-Good friends. This one has really become apparent to me since we moved to UT where I don't exactly have friends. And I've tried. Believe me. I have even tried to bribe my way into friendship by offering sewing classes, but it hasn't worked so far.

I really miss having a friend that doesn't care if just show up at her house unannounced. Of course I then receive an invitation to stay for dinner. And accept.

Once my friend Holly came and sat by me in the middle of the night when I had to take Storey to urgent care--just for moral support.

I miss that.

3 comments:

hillari said...

Wow, Holly sounds like an awesome friend. That is so cool to have friends like that...sorry you haven't found many new ones. I used to have good friends like that, but they just keep moving away. It is sad.
Zak is awesome!

Amanda said...

I love that your hubby helps with the sewing. That is a good man. I am going to pray for some great new friends for you.

Stacy said...

I know how you feel. Every time a house sells and someone new moves in I have such high hopes!! I hope it gets better for you soon. Just know that there is someone out there crying with you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails