Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Thankful 30-#4

Prayer

Today, Jakson's little friend Carter is having open heart surgery.Carter and Jakson looking guilty.

Can you imagine trying to explain that to a three year old?
Can you imagine sitting in a waiting room while that same three year old's heart is stopped and surgeons work on his tiny chest?

I don't know what my good friend Melissa is feeling today.
I can certainly imagine her fears, cry with her, send words of encouragement and comfort, but I am so incredibly grateful that there is One who KNOWS.
Christ has felt her pain, knows her worry, understands her tears--He has experienced it all.

So today we pray for Carter and his family.

For a steady hand as the surgery proceeds.
A speedy recovery for an active little boy.
And peace and comfort from the One who knows exactly how she feels.
He has suffered all things.

What a blessing prayer is.
Did you think to pray this morning?

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, that is so sad and scary. I hope verything goes well with little Carter!

Melissa said...

Thanks Beth, you are a great friend.

Lisa & Gerald said...

Thinking of him and his family...

Related Posts with Thumbnails